Sunday, November 01, 2009

44: We spent the day bucking the current in Essex. The day started with a nice 10 knot + North Westerly but was dying all day. In the first race I got out right and to the shore (out of the current) before anyone else and never looked back. I won the next race but it was more of a fight around the track. I went low on the second reach (triangle) and got past Matt and Dave.
In the following races I kept loosing boats on the last beat. I’d get around the windward mark first and be way ahead as soon as I got around because of the current. But when everyone got to the leeward mark we were barely making it upwind so there were big opportunities to pass on the last beat. Dave Price is racing with us this season and won a race today. Good to have another fast boat out there.

No comments: